Would you like to know how to paint a bike to personalize it and make it unique? This tutorial will show you step by step how to spray paint a children’s bicycle to transform it into a superhero bike. Your children will want equal.
Steffi from the Youtube channel Steffido wanted to transform the bike of one of his children into a superbike. For this, he didn’t hesitate to use several of our products to make it the perfect vehicle and toy for our little superheroes.
To paint a bike and transform it into a Batman bike we will need the following products and materials:
- Zinc primer spray Pintyplus.
- Primer spray for plastic Pintyplus.
- Pintyplus EVOLUTION of metallic spray paint.
- Pintyplus EVOLUTION acrylic spray paint.
- Pintyplus gun for spray paints.
- Masking tape.
- Cleaning alcohol.
How to paint a bike step by step:
The following video tutorial shows how to paint this bike to transform it into your children’s favorite toy:
The steps that must be followed are those detailed below:
1º.- Disassemble the bike:
First of all, you will have to dismantle the bike because in this way it will be much easier for you to paint each of its parts. For this, you will need a wrench.
2º.- Clean all the pieces:
Next, clean the pieces to remove dust and dirt. In this way, the grip of the paint will be improved. For this, we recommend cleaning them with a rag and cleaning alcohol.
In case you have to remove a sticker, you will be able to do it more easily if you use a spatula. Also if after removing it remains some adhesive, you can remove it with a little solvent.3º.- Paint the metallic parts of the bike:
The next step will be to paint the metal parts of the bicycle. For this it’s necessary to use three products, each with a specific function:
- A primer that protects the metal from corrosion and ensures a good grip for the paint. Steffi has used Zinc Pintyplus Tech primer. This type of primer is especially resistant in high humidity conditions. Therefore, if the bicycle is going to be stored inside the house or in a garage, you can also apply Pintyplus Tech iron primer that is cheaper.
- Painting to provide the color we want. In this case, black metallic paint has been used.
- Varnish to give extra protection to the paint and make it more resistant to friction and shock. We know that the kids are going to test the bike and will suffer intense wear.
- To apply the three products, the steps that must be followed are the same:
- Shake the spray bottle a couple of minutes.
- Spray at a distance of 25/30 cm.
- Apply thin layers horizontally and then vertically.
- Reverse the pot and press until the gas comes out to clean the push button.
4º.- Paint the plastic parts of the bike:
The spokes of the wheels are made of plastic, so to paint them we will apply a primer for plastic spray. The advantage of using spray priming for this type of objects is that you can easily reach all the holes.
The steps you must follow are the following:
- Cover the part of the wheel that you do not want to paint with masking tape and protective paper or plastic.
- Apply the spray primer and wait about 15 minutes for it to dry.
- Paint with yellow Pintyplus Evolution.
- Apply several thin layers of varnish.
- Remove the masking tape and the protective plastic and wait for it to dry.
5º.- Assemble the bike and transforming it into a Batman bike.
Finally, we will assemble the bike again and give it the final touch with a sticker with the Batman logo.
In this way, it has been transformed into a bike of the pile in a super Batman bike. We have no doubt that your kids will love it and they will not want to get out of it.
What did you think of this idea to paint a bike with spray paint and transform it into a Batbici? If you liked it, don’t miss this other creative idea to paint a bike.