How to spray paint motorcycle rims
If you are thinking of changing the color of the rims of your motorcycle or renewing the paint they have because it is in bad condition, don’t worry because we are going to teach you how to do it as easily and quickly as possible, with spray paint.
Previously, we have already shared various tutorials on how to paint other objects, such as indoor and outdoor furniture, metal objects, wood, plastic, etc. So we invite you to take a look at this article to see everything you can do with PINTYPLUS.
To paint the wheels of your motorcycle you will need a suitable range of spray paint that is resistant outdoors and works well on metal surfaces. The best, without a doubt, is the PINTYPLUS TECH since it is manufactured to achieve great adhesion, withstand abrasions, humidity, and gasoline stains. In addition to spray paint, you will need the following:
- Stripping spray paint Pintyplus
- Degreasing spray paint
- Gloves and mask, to protect ourselves
- Wire brush
- Masking tape
Steps to painting motorcycle wheels with spray
- First of all, what we have to do is remove the rims of the motorcycle. In the event that we have the tire on, what we must do is seal it with newspaper and masking tape, so that only the rim is visible and the tire cover is completely covered.
- Then, we apply the paint stripper spray, and let it act for 15 minutes. Once the time has passed, what we will do is remove the paint with the wire brush to remove it from the rim. So until there are no remains.
- Once we have removed the paint, we will proceed to apply the degreasing spray to completely clean the rim and remove traces of paint, dirt, and stripping spray that we had previously applied.
- When we have the clean rim we must put it in a place that is clean and that allows us to paint it on both sides.
- Next, we will cover the places that we do not want to paint with masking tape.
- After having done all these steps we can proceed to paint the rim with our special paint for rims. It is important that you know that you must leave a distance of at least 30 centimeters between the spray and the rim so that imperfections are not created.
- Once the first coat has been applied, we will let it dry for about 30 minutes, which is the time we must leave before giving it another coat.
- After those 30 minutes, we will apply the second coat, which will be more than enough. And we will let it dry again, but this time for 1 hour, which is how long it takes to dry completely.
As you can see, it is a very simple process that anyone can do in their garage. We recommend that you take it easy the first time and follow the steps that we have given you so that no imperfections appear, such as drops of paint. We would also like to recommend that you buy 2 or 3 spray cans to paint the two wheels of the motorcycle since each bottle contains a quantity of 400ml.
Paint with whatever you want with PINTYPLUS!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram