For the last few years our best-selling line has been Pintyplus spray chalk paint, but last year a new range of paints was added to the Pintyplus family. The home looks similar to Chalk but which is right for your project and what are their differences.
• Pintyplus Chalk is available in 20 colors, although these include neutrals, the bulk of the chalk colors are brighter and include turquoises, pinks, peach, and green.
• Pintyplus Home is available in 21 colors, and they are noticeably more muted than the chalk options as Home is specifically designed for interiors.
Both Chalk & Home are matte finish water-based paints which means they are kind to the environment and are low odor. The spray paint Pintyplus Home has been specifically created to paint all the objects from your house. Sections of walls, gates, doors, and windows even furniture and decorative objects. Suitable for all the surfaces. You can remove the paint in the first minutes before it starts drying. No more stains besides the desired painted object.
Chalk paint covers 2m², Home has coverage of 3m², although this is mainly due to the different nozzle designs which allow smaller objects to be painted with more precision and less overspill.
To point out the obvious, there is a subtle difference in finish between the two paints. Chalk has a “chalky” appearance whilst Home, although still, matte paint is less rustic in its finish. To complete your project Home can be finished with a matte water-based varnish, whilst Chalk offers the option of a matte varnish or a spray wax.
- Home is more versatile as it has been designed to be sold with a set of interchangeable nozzles, allowing you to spray small, medium, or large objects with a choice of nozzle optimized for the job.
- Chalk has a slightly quicker drying time versus Home, the former is touch dry in 20 minutes versus 30 minutes for Home.
- Make a personal choice of color and finish from the two ranges.